Summer Fun With Dr Pepper
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dr Pepper®. The opinions and text are all mine. #PickYourPepper #Walmart
Summertime in Minnesota always seems to go by so quick! Before I know it there will be snow on the ground again! So I like to make sure I make the most out of my summers. One of my favorite things to do in the summertime, especially on those really hot and humid days, is hang out with friends at the pool. The hubby and I had a few kid-free hours Friday night so we decided to have an impromptu pool party with my best friend and her boyfriend at their apartment. Impromptu parties are totally my style because they are simple and don’t require any stressful, elaborate planning. Impromptu or not, cold beverages and some snacks are definitely requirements for a good pool party. So before heading to the pool, we stopped at Walmart to pick up some Dr Pepper and a watermelon. Seriously, who doesn’t love an ice-cold Dr Pepper and some fresh watermelon slices on a hot day?! Walmart is my go to store for all of my pool party needs. When shopping at Walmart, I always try to remember to use my reusable bag because it’s good for our environment and it also comes in handy as a pool bag!
So since there is no planning involved in an impromptu pool party, I like to get creative. I am going to share three things you can do at a pool party that don’t require anything other than yourself and some friends!
1) I always like a little competition, so one thing I like to do is see who can swim the farthest under water. It may seem childish, but every once in a while it’s refreshing to let loose and feel like a kid again! I can swim two whole laps underwater without coming up for air! I used to be a competitive swimmer but I was actually surprised that I could still do it! Or if you’re not much of a swimmer, you can always just see who can hold their breath the longest underwater.
2) Think of a funny sentence to say while underwater and try to get your friends to guess it. It’s kind of like those popular games with the cheek retractors, except underwater. Example sentences: I need a window washing beaver or I want a puffy power ranger. This one will definitely create a few laughs.
3) Lastly, if you have at least four people you can have a chicken fight! You know, when you get on a friend’s shoulders and try to knock each other into the water! Not only is this game fun, but it can also be a really good workout!
Now that you guys have some fun ideas for an impromptu pool party I wanted to share some really cool things Dr Pepper has going on this summer.
The first is that when you buy Dr Pepper at Walmart 6/15-8/15 this summer, you can upload your receipt at http://bit.ly/2pts8Qo to get the prize featured in my blog and/or other prizes like:
- Spend $5, get a unicorn beverage holder inflatable (as seen below)
- Spend $10, get a Walmart e-Gift Card worth $5
- Spend $20, get a 6 pack can/bottle holder with ice pack
- Spend $40, get a Dr Pepper bottle shaped pool float
The second is, Dr Pepper has launched a campaign called, Pick Your Pepper. It is an experience of self-expression involving the nationwide distribution of hundreds of new, limited-edition and custom-printed Dr Pepper 20oz bottles. Dr Pepper invites you to celebrate your individuality and find a design that best fits your personality, mood or passion. You can also explore the Hall of Designs at DrPepper.com.
So whether you find yourself at the pool, lake or a BBQ this summer, don’t forget to stop at Walmart to pick up some Dr Pepper and snacks to make your party complete!